Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Gone Baptizin'

Hi!  What's there to smile at, you wonder?  Lots and lots--let me fill you in.

First reason to smile:  Great Nana (she doesn't like the Great part, just so you know).  She and Grandma and Grandpa F traveled all the way from Iowa to see me get dunked at the church.  I know, I know, I'm still wearing Christmas PJ's and it was a week after Christmas.  So sue me, I like Santa.

Reason two to smile:  Auntie Beth!  She's one of my Godparents and she made it to our house despite severe car troubles.  I was so glad to see her and I made sure not to barf on her.  That is the ultimate sign of respect.

Reason three for happiness:  I look cute in white!  This one is a no brainer.  I'm cute in anything.

Reason four for giddiness:  I'm baptized!  Father Cassidy presided and my Godparents did a great job.  Beth, Rob and Auntie Beth will watch over me to make sure I stay on the straight and narrow.  They may have their work cut out for them in 13 years or so...I might just have to be a terror.  We'll see.

Reason five:  CAKE!  Need I say more?  Wait, I don't even know what this stuff is all about.  Guess I'll have to wait until October. 

Reason six:  I'm the cutest baby, ever!  Once again, a no brainer.  I love to sleep, eat, poop, talk, smile and giggle.  But, I love my family the most and I was glad to have both sets of grandparents and many aunties, uncles and cousins come witness my baptism despite the bitterly cold temperatures.  Yay for family!

No comments: