Hi! My name is Amelia, and I am brand new to this world. Only three weeks old, to be exact. Since I am new to the neighborhood, I thought I'd share a few words on how I came to be.
Mommy and Daddy really wanted a sibling for my big brother AJ, and, after 2 long years and three painful miscarriages, they were over the moon when they saw my heartbeat for the first time at six weeks gestation. From there on out, they were totally in love with me. Well duh, what's not to love?
On October 23rd, I decided I needed out. Mommy had a C Section scheduled for November 2, but I knew I needed to be exactly like my brother and come into the world at 38 weeks 2 days gestation, just like he did. What can I say? I love my brother and will copy everything he does! I guess we are a bit different, I was born 28 minutes later than him. But we were both born on a Saturday morning and Mommy was in labor the exact same amount of time.
Speaking of Mommy, this is her. Wow, she looks like death warmed over, I wonder why? Word is she was in the midst of contractions when this photo was snapped. Guess it's a miracle she was smiling at all.
This is my Daddy. No, he normally doesn't wear the shower cap in public. It was a very special day as he was practicing his Halloween costume as a surgeon. Looks convincing to me.
Mommy apparently wanted to wear a shower cap, too. Must be the new fashion trend. Has anyone seen it on 'Project Runway' yet?
Who's this gorgeous baby? Oh--it's me! My first appearance out of Mommy's tummy. I sure am cute, wouldn't you say?
I was crying a lot when they took me out of Mommy's tummy. You would be, too--it was cold, bright and all too spacious in the surgical suite. I cried and cried until Daddy brought me over to see Mommy, then I instantly stopped crying. I guess that's when Mommy started crying.
Aaah. This is my favorite way to relax, arms in the air.
Here's Mommy and me in the recovery room. Mommy really liked that she wasn't so doped up as she was with my big brother and she was impressed that I was so hungry and alert.
Well, I guess not alert for long. Hey, it was a tough day, I deserved a break!
I am excited to keep you updated on my new life. I will try to update as much as I can, but my publisher (Mommy) will ultimately dictate my availability. She seems a bit uppity if you ask me. See you soon!










2 comments:
Yes, Amelia...your mommy IS very uppity. (; Just kidding, glad to have another favorite site to add to my list.
Hello Birthday Buddy,
Glad to see you arrive on the internet scene like your big brother.
Love Aunt Beth
Post a Comment